- This event has passed.
“The Dreaded Sex Talk – How To Do it Well!” with Dr. Jennifer Gunsaullus
May 5, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
This is NOT Your Parents’ Sex Talk.
As parents, you no doubt want to prepare your children and teenagers to be happy and healthy in their emotional intimacy and sexual well-being. But where do you start and how do you do justice to the endless variety of important topics? Dr. Jenn will guide you through this talk and shed light on the timing to address specific topics, building comfort and trust with your kids, reducing shame and stigma, passing on your values, and how to address particularly difficult topics. She will provide resources for children of different ages and answer questions!
- Improve self-knowledge about your concerns, fears, misunderstandings, or uncertainties about the “sex talk”
- Gain tools in how to create a safe and welcoming space for conversations (even if awkward!)
- Learn a framework to use for approaching particularly difficult topics
- Receive an extensive document with age-appropriate resource links by topic to continue your learning
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Jennifer Gunsaullus, PhD, is a sociologist, intimacy and communication coach, and author of From Madness to Mindfulness: Reinventing Sex for Women. Dr. Jenn is a national speaker on couples’ intimacy, sexual consent, compassionate communication, women’s empowerment, erotic play, and mindful sex. She has presented two TEDx Talks, is the co-host of the podcast Sex Talk with Clint & The Doc, and has over 1.6 million hits on her In the Den with Dr. Jenn YouTube video series. She lives and plays in a beach town in San Diego, CA!
This event is in conjunction with EO UK and is open to EO Members, SLPs, and Accelerators.EO Member RSVP
- May 5, 2021
11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
- Event Category:
- GA United States + Google Map